Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Instinct...

The one thing I hear more than anything from people I meet that have an austistic child is 'I knew something was just different'. Isn't it funny how our intuition as parents sets off a flashing light. So many people around me must have thought I was crazy prior to our diagnosis. I was constantly questioning what was wrong with my little guy. I knew in my heart that something was 'off', I just didn't know what. Friends and family would look at me with this puzzled look when I would proclaim 'something is wrong with him'. The most important piece of advice that I can give to anyone facing the same questions I once faced is to FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS! Do not listen to anyone around you, do what you need to do to find answers. If you do not fight for your child, who else will? Having a child with autisim is a 'war' and you will fight many battles. Some battles will be big, hopefully most of them are small. It may be tough but ang in there, and if you need to, cry on the shoulder of a loved one, go outside and scream, write a blog, but know that you have an amazing child that you are fighting for, and believe me, the fight will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment