Monday, October 4, 2010

The Invasion...



I won't lie to you...one of the most stressful things that you will deal with when having an autistic child is the invasion of therapists into your home. I say that like it's a bad thing, and it's not, afterall these therapists are in your home to help your child. When we started this journey a while back, I never imagined the stress and frustration would come from having your home filled with another person or two on a regular basis. It is one thing to deal with all the complications of life that a normal family has to deal with, but then you add another person into the mix, it sucks. I owe a lot to our therapists, and they are wonderful and caring people, but I can not wait to have my home back. Having your house pulled together and being on your best behavior while they are there is a job in itself. I promise to have a party someday when this is all over and we no longer need to have home services...and you are all invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment